The Society's objectives are the study and discussion of problems of family law. To this end, the Society sponsors and promotes:
- International co-operation in research on family law subjects of world-wide interest.
- Periodic international conferences on family law subjects of world-wide interest.
- Collection and dissemination of information in the field of family law by the publication of a survey concerning developments in family law throughout the world, and by publication of relevant materials in family law, including papers presented at conferences of the Society.
- Co-operation with other international, regional or national associations having the same or similar objectives.
- Interdisciplinary contact and research.
- The advancement of legal education in family law by all practical means including furtherance of exchanges of teachers, students, judges and practising lawyers.
- Other objectives in furtherance of or connected with the above objectives.
Previous: HistoryNext: Officers and Council